Alert: REMINDER: Formal and Informal Commission Meetings will now be held at 6 p.m. on the first and second Mondays of each month. The only exception is when Monday falls on a holiday, then meetings will be held on Tuesday.
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories for zone TNC125.
License Plate Renewal
- The fee to renew a passenger vehicle plate is $54.50 for walk-in customers.
- A $2.00 fee is added for mail renewals.
- The fee to renew a passenger vehicle plate for online customers is $58.65. Renew plate online
- The processing fee for credit/debit card use is 2% of the total cost plus 25¢.
- A donation to promote Organ Donor Awareness is optional.
- New residents are required to apply for license plate and/or county wheel tax immediately after moving. Tennessee law does not provide a grace period.
- Accepted methods of payment include: Cash, Check, MasterCard or Visa (2% convenience fee + 25¢ for in office payments and 2% convenience fee + $1.00 for online payments)
- Two proofs of residency in Montgomery County are required (More Information).
- State of Tennessee Vehicle Services