Alert: Montgomery County Government offices will be closed Thursday, November 27 and Friday, November 28 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Public Safety personnel will report as scheduled. We wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories for zone TNC125.
- The fees for a new title and license plate are $70.50 (plus $2.00 if mailing the plate and documentation to the customer).
- Transfer of license plate and application for title is $19.50 (plus $2.00 if mailing the documentation to the customer). The registration of the plate and the new title must be in the same name(s).
- If an individual purchases a vehicle from a Tennessee dealer, sales tax is paid to the dealer; otherwise the sales tax is paid to the County Clerk's office. Calculate Sales Tax and Fees
- Replacement titles for current Montgomery County registered vehicles can be obtained by the owner at our office. The replacement fee is $16.00.
- A donation of $1.00 to promote Organ Donor Awareness is optional.
- State of Tennessee Vehicle Services
- The fee for a duplicate title is $16.00.