Alert: Montgomery County Government offices will be closed on Friday, April 18, in observance of Good Friday. Public Safety personnel will report as scheduled.
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories for zone TNC125.
- The fees for a new title and license plate are $70.50 (plus $2.00 if mailing the plate and documentation to the customer).
- Transfer of license plate and application for title is $19.50 (plus $2.00 if mailing the documentation to the customer). The registration of the plate and the new title must be in the same name(s).
- If an individual purchases a vehicle from a Tennessee dealer, sales tax is paid to the dealer; otherwise the sales tax is paid to the County Clerk's office. Calculate Sales Tax and Fees
- Replacement titles for current Montgomery County registered vehicles can be obtained by the owner at our office. The replacement fee is $16.00.
- A donation of $1.00 to promote Organ Donor Awareness is optional.
- State of Tennessee Vehicle Services
- The fee for a duplicate title is $16.00.