- Tax Investing
- Types of Property Taxes
- Change Mailing Address
- Property Tax Calculator
- Payments and Branches
- Appealing Assessment
- Tax Relief
- Delinquent Taxes
- Trustee Profile
- Our Staff
- Local Trustee News
- Contact Us
Payments and Branches
- By Mail: P.O. Box 1005; Clarksville, TN 37041. A stamped, self-addressed envelope is required for a return receipt.
- By Check: Make checks payable to the Montgomery County Trustee. Please include the top portion of this notice with your payment.
- Online Payment: *By credit/debit card or online: www.tnpayments.com/montgomery. A 2.65% processing fee plus $1.00 is applied for online credit/debit card payments.
- Payment at Participating Banks: *2013 Property Tax payments may be made at any Cumberland Bank & Trust, F&M Bank; Planters Bank or US Bank through February 28, 2014.
- By cash: In person or at bank locations (see below).
- Partial payments: Partial Payments may be made at the Trustee's Office through February 28, 2014.
- Drop box: A tax payment drop box is located at the Trustee's Office at 350 Pageant Lane, Suite 101-B. Available 24 hours for your convenience.
- At the Trustee's Office: at 350 Pageant Lane, Suite 101-B, Clarksville, TN. Make checks payable to the Montgomery County Trustee and include the stub with your payment. Our office is open from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and Saturday mornings in February from 8:30 - 12:00 noon.
- In Office Credit/Debit Card Payments: We gladly accept Mastercard and Visa only. Montgomery County Government is unable to absorb credit card processing fees in the County Budget. (T.C.A. 9-1-108) Taxpayers using a credit card to pay property taxes will be charged as follows:
In Office Payment-Card Present: Debit Card: 2.65% Plus $1.00; Personal Credit Card: 2.65% Plus $1.00; Business Credit Card 2.65% Plus $1.00
- Keep in mind...
Payment at Participating Banks
- You must present your entire property tax notice to the bank.
- You must make payment in full, bank branches are not authorized to accept partial payments.
- Only current year property tax payments may be accepted. After February 28, 2014, all payments must be paid directly to the Montgomery County Trustee's Office or by mail.
- Bank personnel cannot answer tax-related questions. Please contact the Trustee's Office at (931) 648-5717.
- Tax Relief or Credit Card payments cannot be accepted at bank locations.
- Banks act as a collecting agent for Montgomery County Trustee.
A $20.00 return check fee is added for checks returned to our office in amounts up to $2,000.00. Checks returned in excess of $2,000.00 are charged one percent (1%) of the face value of the check. In addition to this fee, the taxes paid by the returned check will become due and payable with any interest and penalty charges applicable.
|F & M BANK||PLANTERS BANK|
|2601 Wilma Rudolph Blvd||325 Commerce St.|
|1891 Madison St.||1971 Madison St.|
|2698 Madison St.||2019-A Ft. Campbell Blvd.|
|251 Dover Rd.||495 Dunlop Ln., Suite 101|
|90 College St.||894 Hwy 76, Suite 113|
|50 Franklin St.|
|CUMBERLAND BANK & TRUST||U.S. BANK|
|2034 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.||1 Public Square|
|502 Madison Street||1816 Madison Street|
|260 Dover Road||2300 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.|
|1780 Madison Street||2700 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.|
|400 Hwy 149||3050 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.*|
|1598 Ft. Campbell Blvd.|
1680 Ft. Campbell Blvd.*
|3301 Ft. Campbell Blvd.|
|* branches in Walmart|