The mission of the Purchasing Department is to procure quality goods and services through a system of purchasing that is consistent, fair, expeditious, and equitable for vendors and user departments, enabling them to maximize value while minimizing the expenditure of public funds.
- Technological advancements exacerbate the obsolescence of this department’s current printing equipment and it drives a need for replacement equipment in order to remain expedient and efficient
- Continued adherence to the Purchasing Law of 1957, accompanied with the rising use of the Purchasing Department’s programs and services, require additional funding for staff positions commensurate with this increased demand
- The frequency of pauper burial services continues to increase, requiring additional support from both City and County governments
- There is an increasing need for space, specifically designed for, and devoted to, surplus county property storage
- By 07-01-2013, the department will add staff necessary to comply with changes in purchasing law.
- By 08-01-2010, the department will purchase new printing equipment to include a computerized program to make plates for printing.
- The department will continue funding, in cooperation with the city for pauper burials in Montgomery County.
- By 07-01-2011, the department will replace individual computers in the purchasing office.
- By 07-01-2011, the department will replace outdated software in central stores.
- By 07-1-2012, the department will obtain adequate space to properly organize and store surplus property.
- Procurement Program
- Courier Services
- Printing Services
- Pauper Burial Program
The purpose of the Procurement Services Program is to provide goods and services in a timely manner to Montgomery County departments while complying with state, federal, and local regulations.
- Percent of complete requisitions processed within five (5) business days (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Percent of complete bid requests and request for proposals (RFPs) processed within 20 business days (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Number of complete requisitions processed (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Number of complete bids and RFPs issued (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Number of requisitions submitted by departments (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Number of bids and RFPs requested (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Expenditure per requisition and/or purchase order processed (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
- Expenditure per bid and/or RFP processed (Goal: 1, 5, 6)
The purpose of the Courier Services Program is to provide interdepartmental mail pick-up and delivery, enabling timely communications between Montgomery County departments.
The purpose of the Printing Services Department is to provide low cost, customized official printed materials to Montgomery County departments.
- Percent of printing jobs completed with 20 business days under normal conditions (Goal: 2)
- Number of printed items produced (Goal: 2)
- Number of printed items requested (Goal: 2)
- Expenditure per printed item produced (Goal: 2)
The purpose of the Pauper Burial Program is to provide burial services to paupers residing in Montgomery County
- Percent of burials that are performed after receipt of the affidavit and within seven (7) days (Goal: 3)
- Number of pauper burials provided (Goal: 3)
- Number of pauper burials requested (Goal: 3)
- Expenditure per pauper burial provided (Goal: 3)