Alert: Montgomery County Government offices will be closed on Friday, April 18, in observance of Good Friday. Public Safety personnel will report as scheduled.
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories for zone TNC125.
Significant Dates and Events in the Annual Assessment Cycle
- Statutory Date of Assessment. Assessor makes all property assessments as of this date.
No later than February 1
- Assessor furnishes owners and lessees of business personal property with a tangible personal property schedule.
(TCA 67-5-902, 67-5-903)
- Assessor provides mobile home park owners with schedule to list all mobile homes located in the park as of January 1st.
- All business tangible personal property schedules must be returned to Assessor's office.
- Greenbelt applications must be returned to Assessor to enroll property for the current tax year. (new enrollments and recertifications)
- Mobile home park owners must return reporting schedules to Assessor's office, to include military exemption forms.
- Assessor must note all assessments on county assessment roll and notify all taxpayers of any change in their assessment.
(TCA 67-5-504, 67-5-508)
- Assessor turns over books to County Board of Equalization and the board commences its session.
(TCA 67-5-304, 67-5-404)
- County Commission sets the property tax rate for
Montgomery County. City Council sets the Property tax rate for City of
- Deadline for filing an appeal with the State Board of
Equalization. (August 1st or 45 days after notification of County Board
of Equalization results, whichever is later).
Prior to first Monday in October
- Assessor delivers assessment roll to County Trustee and taxes become due and payable.
(TCA 67-5-807, 67-1-701, 67-1-701)