- Online Renewals
- Motor Vehicle Information
- Boat Registration
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Trailer Registration
- Business License/Taxes
- Marriage Licenses
- Notary Public
- Hours and Holidays
- County Commission Information
- Commission Minutes
- Contact Us
Passport services are provided 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. No appointment necessary.
The following list contains information and required documents for obtaining a passport:
- One 2x2 Passport Photo
- Certified Birth Certificate (for first time passports or to renew a minor’s passport)
- Former passport (for renewal through acceptance agency)
- Proof of Identity (valid driver’s license, passport, military ID or government issued ID). If identification is not a Tennessee Driver’s License, 2 IDs must be presented.
- If identification was issued in the last 6 months, 2 IDs must be presented.
- Two forms of payment (passport fee and execution fee). One form MUST be a check or money order for the U.S. Department of State.
- If the child is 15 years of age or below, they must be accompanied by BOTH parents. If one parent is unable to be present, then form DS-3053* must be completed for each child of the absent parent. The DS-3053 must be used within ninety days and a copy of the front and back of the absent parents ID must accompany it. If form DS-3053* cannot be completed by the absent parent, please contact our office for further information.
- If the child is 16 or 17 years of age, only one parent is required to be present with the child.
- Beginning April 1, 2011, the US Department of State requires the full names of applicant’s parent(s) be listed on all certified birth certificates (regardless of age).
* For up to date information on processing times, forms and travel alerts, visit www.travel.state.gov
Renewing a Passport
For information on renewing a current passport, please visit the website www.travel.state.gov
- If renewing a passport that has been issued less than 15 years ago, form DS-82 is needed. Make sure “yes” can be answered to all four questions on the front of the application before submitting to the U.S. Department of State. Failure to do so will result in the U.S. Department of State returning the application unprocessed. If applicant is unable to answer “yes” to all four of the questions applicant is required to renew through an acceptance facility.
Passport Fees - Effective July 13, 2010
The fees listed below are for routine service (4-6 weeks). Please call for expedited pricing (2-3 weeks).
|Fee Type||Passport Fee|
(make check payable to US Department of State)
(make check payable to Montgomery County Clerk)
|Passport Book Age 16 and Over, DS-11||$110||$25||$135|
|Passport Book Age 15 and Under, DS-11||$80||$25||$105|
|Passport Book By Mail, DS-82||$110||N/A||$110|
|Passport Card Age 16 and Over, DS-11||$30||$25*||$55|
|Passport Card Age 15 and Under, DS-11||$15||$25||$40|
*The $25 Execution Fee is not charged when adults 16 and over with fully valid passport books apply for the passport card using a DS-82 form.