Alert: For those with business downtown, please be advised that Second Street, from Franklin Street to Commerce Street, will be closed for sewer repair beginning January 14. This repair will take approximately three weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience.
License Plate Renewal
- The fee to renew a passenger vehicle plate is $54.50 for walk-in customers.
- A $2.00 fee is added for mail renewals.
- The fee to renew a passenger vehicle plate for online customers is $58.65. Renew plate online
- The processing fee for credit/debit card use is 2% of the total cost plus 25¢.
- A donation to promote Organ Donor Awareness is optional.
- New residents are required to apply for license plate and/or county wheel tax immediately after moving. Tennessee law does not provide a grace period.
- Accepted methods of payment include: Cash, Check, MasterCard or Visa (2% convenience fee + 25¢ for in office payments and 2% convenience fee + $1.00 for online payments)
- Two proofs of residency in Montgomery County are required (More Information).
- State of Tennessee Vehicle Services