- Parks and Facilities
- Rental Requests
- Park Rules and Regulations
- Picnic Pavilion and Ampitheatre Rules
- Trail Etiquette
- Parks Committee
- Community Links
- Strategic Plan
- Contact Us
South Guthrie Community Center Rental Policies and Procedures
The South Guthrie Community Center is a historic building located in the northern portion of Montgomery County Tennessee, on the Kentucky border. The historic portion of the building served as a school for African American Children. The Warfield Rosenwald School, completed in 1922, followed the architectural style of the Rosenwald School design for a two-teacher African American school. The construction was funded by the citizens of the community, the County Board of Education and Rosenwald funds. Due to consolidation of schools, the school was closed in 1968.
The Warfield Rosenwald School was one of 354 Rosenwald Schools built in Tennessee. There are only thirty know Tennessee Rosenwald Schools still standing. In 2002, the National Trust named Rosenwald Schools to its list of American’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places.
The Warfield School with its addition serves as the South Guthrie Community Center. We desire to keep respecting and improving this wonderful, historic building. Please carefully review and meticulously follow these policies and procedures, and enjoy the Community Center.
- Complete the Facility Use Application and submit with deposit.
- Please make all checks of money orders payable to Montgomery County Trustee.
- Applications are accepted for facility rentals, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm at the Parks and Recreation office located at 1030 Cumberland Heights Rd, Clarksville, TN 37040. Applications may also be submitted via mail.
- Reservations must be made by an adult 21 years of age or older.
- When scheduling event time, please remember that set-up and clean-up must be conducted and completed within the hours of the contracted rental agreement.
- Facility Use Applications may be submitted up to one year in advance.
- The Facility Use Application, deposit and one day rental fee must be submitted at least fourteen (14) days prior to proposed event. If renting consecutive days, next day rental is due seven (7) days prior to event.
- The Montgomery County Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse rental or use to groups of individuals who have previously used the facility and left it in poor condition, have outstanding debts with the Department or violated of Parks policies. In the event the reserved space is needed for County use or maintenance, the Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to reschedule, relocate or deny a request previously approved. In this event, he group or individual will be given as much notice as possible and a full refund will be given.
- Facility Users may not charge a registration fee, admission fee, or entrance fee of any type. No solicitations or sales presentations may be made on County Property without prior approval. Failure to adhere to this policy will seriously jeopardize the status of any future rentals. Permission to hold a fundraiser is limited to non-profit organizations and must be granted by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
- Special permits are required for use of personal grill, bounce houses and special events.
- Deposit for South Guthrie Community Center is $200.00 and is due at the time of reservation.
- Deposits will be refunded in full if the Montgomery County Parks and Recreation Department staff reports the facility in good and working condition. If any of the following or other damages are found, then the deposit fee will not be refunded:
1. There is damage to the facility,
furnishings, equipment, grounds, etc.
2. The facility furnishings, grounds are not left in as a clean condition (as what was found upon rental) following the rental time agreement.
3. Any rental guests or invitee displays improper conduct as determined by recreation staff. Improper conduct shall include, but not being limited to, abusive or threatening language, physical violence, lewd behavior or apparent intoxication.
4. If damages and/ or cleanup cost more than the deposit required, the renter will be billed for the difference.
5. If not damages or required cleanup is found, deposit will be returned within 10 business days of event.
6. If gate key is not returned.
- Rental fee for South Guthrie Community Center is $100.00 per day
- Audio-Visual equipment use fee is $25.00 per day
- Rental fees must be paid at the time the reservation is made. If rental is for consecutive days, the additional days fee are due seven (7) days prior to event.
- A cancellation of one half of the deposit will be forfeited if the renter cancels event thirty (30) days prior to the event. If the event is canceled two (2) weeks prior to event, 100% of the deposit will be forfeited.
- A full refund will be granted when the department cancels a reservation.
ACCESS TO BUILDING:
- To access the gate to the rental property, the gate key must be picked up at the Facilities Development office located at 350 Pageant Lane Suite 201, Clarksville, TN 37040. The key will be available the day prior to the scheduled rental and must be picked up by 4:00 pm. For Saturday and Sunday rentals the key must be picked up on Friday by 4:00 pm.
- Access code to building will be emailed to facility user by 7:00 am the day of rental.
STAFF RESPONSIBILITY/ AUTHORITY:
- Respond to correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensure that tables, chairs and any equipment (county owned) is set-up prior to the contracted event time.
- Enforce all rules governing the use of County owned facilities.
- Terminate contracted event if activity or any guests in attendance misuse the facility or fail to conform to rules and regulations governing use of the facility. Police assistance may be called in if staff deems it necessary.
- Conduct a walk-thru before and after the reservation to document the condition of the facility.
- Provide Facility User with access code to building. .
- Tables and chairs are available for use. Tables and chairs are not to be taken outside. Do not drag tables across the floor.
- Overhead projector is available for use at a charge of $25.00 per day. The projector is hook-up only, no other equipment is available.
- Kitchen use is limited to preparation only. No cooking is allowed in ovens. This means that food may be assembled and may be kept warmed using the oven and perishables and beverages may be chilled in the refrigerator or freezer.
- The Facility User is responsible for all kitchen clean-up. The kitchen area must be thoroughly cleaned and returned to its original level of cleanliness. This includes all work areas, ovens, refrigerator, sinks and floors. The Parks department will provide broom, dustpan, mop and mop bucket. The Facility User is responsible for all cleaning supplies, paper towels, dish cloths, soap and other items needed to return the rented area to original state.
- Only clear liquids may go down the kitchen drain. Grease and other food items clog plumbing.
1. When scheduling event time, please
remember that set-up and clean-up must be conducted and completed with-in hours
of contracted rental agreement.
2. NO storage is permitted either before or after the event. All items, including catering and supplies must be removed the day of the event. The Parks Department accepts no responsibility for any items left behind.
3. Facility user must be available and onsite for the entire duration of the event.
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on County property.
5. Use of tobacco products is prohibited inside County facilities, playground area and any area on property where minor children are present.
6. Minor children must be supervised at all times and remain in rented area.
7. All decorations must be approved by Parks staff. Use of nails, tacks, staples or tape is not permitted and nothing may be hung from the ceiling or light fixtures.
8. Use of birdseed, Glitter, confetti, fireworks, including sparklers is prohibited both inside and outside the facility. Any violations will result in a forfeiture of a portion of the deposit.
9. Open flames such as candles are prohibited.
10. The use of sound amplifying equipment must be kept at a minimum noise level that does not disturb surrounding residents.
11. All garbage/ trash must be removed, by Facility User, from the facility following the event and placed in the dumpster outside the building. The Parks department will supply trash liners.
12. All floors must be swept and mopped. The Parks Department will provide the necessary cleaning equipment.
13. Food and drinks are no allowed to the museum portion of the Facility.
14. All public access areas, entrances, exits, corridors, doorways and/or other doorways shall not be impeded or obstructed by Facility User or attendee. Any vehicles, materials, or equipment in fire lanes or blocking exits will be removed at Facility Users expense.