Town Hall Meetings Set To Offer Information On New County ISO Rating
Montgomery County went through the recertification process to get the county’s ISO, Insurance Service Office, rating reevaluated.
What does this mean?
- Montgomery County’s ISO rating has improved to a Protection Class 6, from a Protection Class 9.
- Beginning February 1, 2014, county residents living within five road miles of a volunteer fire station should see significant savings on their residential and commercial property insurance.
How do residents find information on this change?
Montgomery County Government will host Town Hall meetings in each county fire district in January to inform citizens of this change, what it means to them, and to answer any questions they may have pertaining to the new rating. Town Hall dates are:
- Tuesday, January 7, 2014 – Cunningham Volunteer Fire Service, 3997 Morgan Circle
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014 – St. Bethlehem Volunteer Fire Service, 3850 Guthrie Hwy
- Thursday, January 9, 2014 – East Montgomery Volunteer Fire Service, 200 McAdoo Creek Road
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014 – Palmyra Volunteer Fire Service, 3283 Harris Circle
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014 – Woodlawn Volunteer Fire Service, 2274 Woodlawn Road
All meetings will be at 7 p.m. Residents are welcome to attend any meeting, regardless of where in the county they reside.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Black, Montgomery County Communications Director, at 931-648-8482.