- Online Renewals
- Motor Vehicle Information
- Boat Registration
- Trailer Registration
- Business License/Taxes
- Marriage Licenses
- Notary Public
- Hours and Holidays
- County Commission Information
- Contact Us
Notice: All Business Taxes due after January 1, 2010, must be filed directly with the Tennessee Department of Revenue.
- New Business License Applications are filed with the Montgomery County Clerk’s Office. You are required to obtain a Business License if you anticipate your annual gross receipts to be $3,000 or more. Additional information regarding exempt businesses is contained in TCA § 67-4-708.
- The application fee is $15.00 for the original license.
- You may apply for your Business License Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Montgomery County Clerk’s Office or by mail. The completed and signed application must be submitted with a check for $15.00 made payable to the Montgomery County Clerk.
- To change, add or update any information on your business tax account you will need to submit an account change form.
- If you perform business within the city limits you may also be required to obtain a Business License from the City of Clarksville. For further information contact the City of Clarksville Department of Finance and Revenue office at (931) 645-7435.
- The annual business tax is paid based on the gross receipts earned during the tax period. After taxes are paid thru the Tennessee Department of Revenue and notification is received, the Montgomery County Clerk’s Office will mail qualifying businesses their renewed Business License.
- The Montgomery County Clerk’s Office is the issuing agency for transient vendors and owners, managers, operators, or promoters of antique malls, flea markets, craft shows, antique shows, gun shows, and auto shows.
- Business License Information and Check List
- Frequently Asked Questions provided by Tennessee Department of Revenue
- 2009 Business Tax Guide
- One Stop Business Resource @ Tennessee.Gov
- Business Name Availability @ TN Secretary of State
- Smoke Free Tennessee
How to obtain
- Federal Employee ID#
Contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 or online at: www.irs.gov
- Sales Tax #:
Contact the Tennessee Department of Revenue at 800-342-1003 or online at: www.tennessee.gov/revenue/.
Contact the Secretary of State at 615-741-3276.
- Small Business Information
Contact Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) at www.tsbdc.org.